Saturday, October 06, 2012

Thirty Four Things.



1.    Tomorrow is my birthday.
2.    I will be 34.
3.    I’m totally cool with that.
4.    I am the baby of my family.
5.    I think Fall is the MOST amazingly beautiful time of the year.

6.    I have one brother and one sister.

7.    My sister is the oldest.

8.    I always wanted to be just like her.

9.    But in all my effort, I was exactly the opposite.

10. My brother, the middle child, was a typical brother; some days, my buddy, other days, not so much.

11. I was totally momma’s girl.

12. Still am.

13. I played the bass drum in marching band one year.

14. I ran track for 4 years. Because there was this boy…

15. In the 8th grade I fell in love with this lanky, mysterious, curly haired brown boy who sat next to me in American History class.

16. Lucky for me, I married that boy.

17. My very best girlfriend moved away the summer before our sophomore year. I so desperately wanted to go with her.

18. I still miss her.

19. I survived high school.

20. I spent ten years working in the corporate world.

21. I’ve met some really super amazing people in my life.

22. I was ecstatic when I was laid off.

23. I love drinking coffee. Especially lattes. Even at night.

24. I thought my heart would explode from joy when we finally got pregnant.

25. It nearly did me in when I found out we were expecting twin boys.

26. Having babies changes EVERYTHING. As if birthing them birthed new people in my husband and I.

27. We are still getting to know those people.

28. Being a mom to three boys fills me with great joy and breaks my heart all at the same time.  

29. I’m a speed-reader and oftentimes need to reread a book two or three times to really “get it”.

30. I have no interest in “trying for a girl”.

31. Whenever I am having a bad day, I stop and work on my “Giving Thanks” list. 

32. I think everyone should have a Giving Thanks list. It can chase away the bluest of days. I promise.

33. Here’s to another year.

34. It’s going to be amazing.



No comments: