In that moment just before she rises, the sky explodes.
There's this raw beauty that just takes my breath away.
I pause, close my eyes and breathe in it slow.
I can't help but praise God.
As the sun greets me, I linger just awhile longer.
I give thanks. For what lies before me is a gift.
At the beginning of the year, I started my second 1000 Gifts List. I was not so diligent or consistent this year. There were even a few months where my notebook sat, untouched, neglected, collecting dust. Those months were hard and wildly ugly.
I picked up that notebook at the end of October resolving to start again. Resolving to focus once again on gratitude and counting my blessings. There's something life changing, life-giving, about naming our gifts one-by-one. Most especially in the midst of a storm.
This jotting and numbering of gifts. I speak about it often; suggesting it as though a cure for many ailments. Those hard days, sick days, weary days, those days that are full and fast. Those days when nothing seems to go right. But something did go right. Seek.It.Out. Write.It.Down.
Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~Sarah Ban Breathnach
Each season has it's own pace. Winter is a perfect time to slow down; rest, reflect and recharge.
More nature.
More conversation.
More eye contact.
More snuggling.
More baking.
More writing.
More reading.
More Jesus.
More numbering these gifts.
..."a Personal Revolution of Gratitude turns everything around."










No comments:
Post a Comment