![]() |
| Fruit of the Spirit Tree |
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! ~Galatians 5:22-23
I have found that in teaching my children about Jesus and the Word of God, I am actually learning and growing in my own faith. My children are like little sponges and yes, though they are still very young, they are learning even when we don't think so (and mostly from our examples!). They are quite amazing. And very smart.
I have started doing (short) bible study and prayer sessions with the boys. They actually listen very intently and seem to enjoy the short stories from the Bible, especially when we read about heroes from the Bible.
I recently decided to teach them the Fruit of the Spirit. I found a fun little project I plan to do with the boys; see picture above. We will focus on one "fruit" each week. The original idea included a picture of each child and moving their picture to the fruit they most displayed that day. Since my boys are so young, we'll probably skip that for now, but this is something we can keep up and always go back to since this is something all ages should strive to cultivate in their lives. For now, I will simply work to impress God's Word on their hearts. They will surely remember as they grow.
It brings me great joy to hear my boys talk about Godly things. It's never to early to start cultivating a heart of faith in our children. And, it's a terrific refresher for my own heart and our home.

No comments:
Post a Comment