Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
If you can use some exotic booze
There's a bar in far Bombay
Come on and fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
Come fly with me, let's float down to Peru
In llama land there's a one-man band
And he'll toot his flute for you
Come on fly with me, let's take off in the blue
Once I get you up there where the air is rarified
We'll just glide, starry-eyed
Once I get you up there I'll be holding you so near
You may hear all the angels cheer 'cause we're together
Weather-wise it's such a lovely day
Just say the words and we'll beat the birds
Down to Acapulco Bay
It's perfect for a flying honeymoon, they say
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
If you can use some exotic booze
There's a bar in far Bombay
Come on and fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
Come fly with me, let's float down to Peru
In llama land there's a one-man band
And he'll toot his flute for you
Come on fly with me, let's take off in the blue
Once I get you up there where the air is rarified
We'll just glide, starry-eyed
Once I get you up there I'll be holding you so near
You may hear all the angels cheer 'cause we're together
Weather-wise it's such a lovely day
Just say the words and we'll beat the birds
Down to Acapulco Bay
It's perfect for a flying honeymoon, they say
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
~Frank Sinatra, Come Fly With Me
On September twentieth, my husband and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary. Ten! I have been anticipating this month all.year.long. We really didn't have a honeymoon after our wedding, sooooo my precious man said that he would whisk me away to some exotic place on our tenth anniversary. After the arrival of our babies, I really didn't think it would happen, but sure enough, at the beginning of this year, he said, "Pick a place and book it." (With my momma in mind of course! Because this sweet lady would be the one keeping the kiddos!)
I did just that.
That's right. My man made it happen.
We were whisked away (my first plane ride(s) EVER) to the tropical
and beautiful Dominican Republic.
The people, the views, the weather, THE FOOD (except, don't drink the water!)....all perfect. Don't drive, pay a native to drive you. Because, it's crazy scary....they don't enforce driving rules or speed limits! Many of the natives speak at least a little English, but learn a little Spanish; it shows respect.
It took us a total of 20 hours to get there. (flights, layovers, etc.) But, once we arrived at our resort, it was...perfect. We stayed at a quaint all-inclusive resort in Cabarete, DR. It was peaceful, beautiful and right on the beach.

The resort had two pools; one in the courtyard and the other was an infinity pool overlooking the ocean. They had a restaurant where they served you all day and the food was made fresh when you ordered.


The food! Mwah! SIEMPRE DELICIOSO! (simply delicious!)
The service! Friendly, kind, and patient souls we call Mi Amigos. (my friends)
The views, weather and scent....perfect!! The air always smelled of fragrant floral and coconut!
It was VERY hot and humid! (perfect for swimming all day!)
It was so nice waking up to drink coffee in peace and watch the sunrise each day (except the couple of days we slept in simply because we could!) Then, we would meander down to the restaurant, enjoy a fresh, colorful breakfast and proceed to lounge at the pool and beach until lunchtime.
Just me and the man. Just the man and me.
It was lovely to celebrate our love for each other and talk (in peace) about our dreams for the future. (and mentally plan our future Caribbean trips! HA!)I'm so thankful that God blessed us with this time away. How blessed we are with my mom, who has graced us with her love and time and stayed with our kiddos all week. Oh! How we missed them so! We got home Sunday afternoon and it was all I could do to not smother them with hugs and kisses! I missed their sweet little faces so much!
Honestly, it's been tough re-adjusting to "normal" life, but I am still so grateful, still thanking God for the time with my husband and the memories made.
"Always and forever, each moment with you
Is just like a dream to met that somehow came true
And I know tomorrow will still be the same
'Cause we've got a life of love that won't ever change"
Is just like a dream to met that somehow came true
And I know tomorrow will still be the same
'Cause we've got a life of love that won't ever change"
~Heatwave, Always and Forever











No comments:
Post a Comment