Once the boys were up, we started talking about going to the zoo today. "Field trip day". Z was excited, but E says "No, I don't want to go to the zoo!"
(This is the kid who normally throws fits because we're just staying home.)
Long story short, he throws a full-blown tantrum because he wants to stay home with me. I warn him and he finally relents, sour-faced.
....A bit later, we're all at the breakfast table. Z is looking through something that reflects double images. "Two mommies!", he says looking at me.
E immediately says, "No, we only have one mommy, the only mommy we'll ever have. She's from God."
For all the times my "oldest" and I clash and struggle to find common ground, these moments, these love messages from him, are truly priceless.
I'm so thankful for this boy who humbles me, stretches me, and teaches me that love really does "cover a multitude of sins". (see 1 Peter 4:7-9)

No comments:
Post a Comment