Friday, December 27, 2013

Two; Isaac.


"Two, but more like three."
 
A hurricane was named after him (well, sort of). He growls, a lot. He pushes, he yells, and he stomps whenever he walks, which by the way, he's been doing that since he was 9 months. Isaac is one tough little boy, er, toddler.
He talks. Lately, it's "Are doin' mommeeeee? ARE DOIN???" (what are you doing)
My favorite is, "Hi guys!" (whenever he walks in a room)
I love hearing his sweet voice.
Like big brothers, the kid's got an arm. He can throw, he can kick, he can climb and he run. Like lightening. I blink and he's running (usually while laughing).
He laughs, a lot. His smile and his laugh will light up a room. He can bring joy to the most somber group.
One day, an old man in the grocery store had to cross the entire store looking for the little one laughing. As he stomped up to us, I thought he was going to yell at us. He said in a gruff voice,  "That laugh brought such a smile to this old man's face, I just had to find the source!" And pointing a shaky finger at Isaac, said, "Don't ever stop laughing, little boy!"
And he walked away.

Fitting, since God inspired his name. Remember the story of Abraham and Sarah? (see Bible, Gen. 21)
In my own words with my own emphasis;
Well, they were this really, really old couple who hadn't been able to have kids and one day after this really long message full of incredible stuff, the Lord said to Abraham "you're going to have a son next year."
Abraham laughed.
Sarah giggled, "No way God! I am waaaaayyyy too old!"
But God.
They DID have a baby and Sarah laughed again, probably very heartily, "God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me..." ...

Like Sarah, I didn't think we could have any more children. Through years and prayers, God had blessed us with the twins.
But God!
We laughed when discovering I was pregnant again and pretty much haven't stopped since (you know, when we're not crying...ha!)
Isaac is just who God intended. He's funny, sweet, smart and very, very strong.
While all our babies are growing much too fast, I am excited for their future. I am excited to witness where God leads. I have always prayed that my children would bless God's Kingdom and so far, it's been a joy watching just that.

Happy birthday baby boy. I am so thankful for you!!


No comments: