It's a new year, a new blog and a new word.
I'm not a fan of big change. Never have been. I prefer subtle, quiet change. I hate the idea of crashing into a new year with all these new and improved ideas and changes.
I like what I read this morning on a blog:
"I’m not a planner. Not like that. Nor am I really a budgeter. And perhaps that’s a problem to some of you. I don’t look at January and say, “Wow! What a blank slate! Let’s plan out the year!”
I simply move gently from December and the holidays into a new month with hope and anticipation that this year will be a little bit better than the year before. I do it quietly, without fanfare, and without a ton of planning.
I guess I’m more of a “today” type of girl."
(you can read the entire post from Sarah Markley for (In)Courage Me, here.)
That being said, I am (once again) not making "resolutions" nor am I preparing a list of goals set for the year. Instead, I have chosen one word for the year, in hopes that I can live up to it.
Reflection.
I want to be a reflection of Christ. To reflect His love, His mercy, His grace, His goodness.
This year, I will strive to be a reflection of the One who redeemed me. But, doing so one day at a time.
“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come.
We have only today. Let us begin.”
— Mother Teresa
So, here's to a new day and a new word.
No comments:
Post a Comment