Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Thirty Six Things.



1. Today is my birthday.  
2. I was born 36 years ago, on a Saturday afternoon.
3. I don't think much in terms of age, so I always have to stop and think when asked my age.
4. I'm a chicken farmer.


5. I'll never buy store eggs again.
6. These days, I cannot sit down without wanting to close my eyes.
7. More often than not, I am up before the sun rises. Coffee, quiet and Jesus. The best days start this way.

8. Chai-Tea Lattes. 
9. Home-brewed sweet tea.
10. For the love of Fall.


11. I like to visit the city, but I love living in the country. 
12. Personal space.
13. Constant physical presence of those I trust and love.
14. Coconut oil. For everything. 
15. My heart aches to think of my babies growing up. I just cannot stand it.


16. I love to dance. Dancing makes me happy. 
17. I have the most amazing husband in.the.world.


18. We sponsor a child in Mozambique; it's been fun and humbling to communicate with him for the past five years.
19. I live with four guys.



20. I am a homeschooling mom. 
21. I'm a total introvert, but love talking to strangers.
22. I hate shopping.
23. This past year has been the most pivotal in my life so far. Lots of embracing, lots of letting go. Humbling. Hard. But important.
24. My mom and dad are the most inspiring people in my life. Proof that: 1) You cannot give too much of yourself and 2) You can overcome anything.


25. I miss "the old days".
26. I clean to relieve stress.
27. I like warm hugs.
28. I love handwriting notes and cards. And mailing them.
29. I'm still working on that perfect homemade chocolate chip cookie. Getting closer.

30. Essential oils. Diffusing and applying. Life changing.
31. My children inspire and challenge me. The world through their eyes. Their questions. Their intelligence.  Their fierceness and bravery. I want to be like them.

32. Clutter gives me anxiety.
33. Piles of books. I could live happily in a library.
34. My thinker is always thinking so when you ask me a question, I need a moment to answer. 
35. I don't "collect" things, but if I did, it would be quilts, owls and quirky containers filled with succulents.
36. Yoga pants, v-neck tees and bare feet.


No comments: