Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This morning.

Good morning!

Giving thanks in the morning light.


Working on my list of One Thousand Gifts. Though I have yet to count them. My thanks, I write them here. I write them anywhere. Wherever there is a pen, I write them everywhere.
"I'm thankful for the time I have to give thanks. Which is all the time." - Me.

He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God. Psalm 50:23

My inspiration? This beautiful life God has given me. But also, a few translucent writers. I give thanks for them.

"Eucharisteo, it's the central symbol of Christianity. Thanksgiving."

"The real problem of life is never a lack of time. The real problem of life - in my life - is a lack of thanksgiving.
Life is not an emergency. Life is brief and it is fleeting but it is not an emergency. ...Emergencies are sudden, unexpected events - but is anything under the sun unexpected to God?
And I always give thanks because an all-powerful God always has all these things - all things - always under control.
Life is not an emergency. Life is Eucharisteo. Eucharisteo."

"The practice of giving thanks...eucharisteo...this is the way we practice the presence of God, stay present to His presence, and it is always a practice of the eyes. We don't have to change what we see. Only the way we see."

"Feel thanks and it's absolutely impossible to feel angry. We can only experience one emotion at a time. And we get to choose - which emotion do we want to feel?"

-Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts
Photobucket

No comments: