Saturday, July 07, 2012

When You Rise: Prayer Points: On Wandering Hearts

I was really touched by the prayer shared in this blog. It was so what I needed right at this moment. I'm so thankful for other mommas who open their hearts and share even when it's not so pretty. More truth and transparency is what we need.

I made this my prayer:

Father in Heaven,

I come before you frustrated and irritated. My children don't obey, they fight with each other and they seem to always be running a muck. Even though I know they are still very young, I cannot help but get so frustrated repeating myself over and over and over again.

Even as I pray this, I am reminded of how distracted my own heart is. How often do you have to instruct me over and over in the same lessons? You call me to love you with all my heart, yet the cares of this world draw me away. They say that whatever you spend most of your time on is what you truly value. If that's the case, my heart has wandered to the computer, to material possessions, to my to-do lists, and more.

Father, forgive me for my own wandering heart. I thank you for the gospel of grace that forgives me each time I wander and draws me back to you. Because of Jesus, I have a new heart. Because of Jesus, I am your child and you are my Father. I thank you that Jesus was never distracted from his purpose, nor did he ever stray from his love for you.

Help me to see my children through the lens of the gospel of grace. Help me to have the same patience with them as you do with me. Give me wisdom as I try to corral their distracted hearts. May I always point them to the gospel by the way I respond to them. And each time I stumble in my parenting, extend your hand of grace to me. Lift me up and help me to continue on this path you have set me on. May my heart always be turned toward you. 

In Jesus' name I ask this, Amen.

Read the Blog:
When You Rise: Prayer Points: On Wandering Hearts: (Today's Prayer Point is from my friend, Christina of To Show Them Jesus .  She points us to the gospel when our kiddos can't stay on task....

No comments: