Then, one day, we found it. Or rather, it found us.
...It was nothing short of a miracle, a gift from God.
And here we are, seven years and three kiddos later; our lovely, peaceful home on our 5-acre corner of the world.
Every morning, as I watch the sunrise from my kitchen...I watch those bright-light rays reach over the trees, stretch across the land, light up the pond, reach up the back porch and spill into our windows and it just takes my breath away. (Do you know that no two sunrises are the same?) While knowing, that at any moment, ANYTHING can happen, I am enjoying this gift and all the beauty that comes with it.
And every evening as my exhausted eyes watch the sunset, the closing of the day, I give thanks again.
I am grateful for the space especially now, with three very adventurous, rambunctious boys. I am thankful we have a place to discover nature and watch God's creation up close each day. I am thankful for this dwelling. For the warmth, comfort and peace we have created here as a family.
I am thankful for this gift of home in the country.
Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~Sarah Ban Breathnach

No comments:
Post a Comment