Saturday, November 09, 2013

Thank-Full; My Mom and Family.

 
 
My mom.

I am incredibly thankful for my mom. I've said it time and time again, she is the most selfless person I know. Daily, DAILY, she lays down self for others. She stops and at the "drop of a hat" she is off to help another. Many times, that "another" is me.
How many times have I called her to vent or cry or "just to chat". She doesn't just listen, she helps. She offers up without hesitation.
"I'll come over"
"Bring the boys over."
"I can do that."
"Let's pray right now."

I've even run into her at the store, and she ends up leaving with one or more of my kiddos, because, "you'll get your shopping done quicker and with more sanity."

She's come to our rescue many many times.

How do you repay that? How do you give back to someone who's giving NEVER ceases?
She says "I'm your mom, that's what I do."
"You'd do it for me."
"You'll do it for your kids one day."
And sometimes she simply says, "What would Jesus do?"

My mom.

I am so truly thankful for her.


..........................


I am thankful for my family.

My mom's side of the family gets together every month. Right after (or right before?) my Maw Maw passed away, we started a "Sisters' Monthly Luncheon". The second Saturday of every month. (I have several aunts and cousins so there's quite a few of us.) Over the years, the guys (my uncles), started showing up. Eventually, it became the family luncheon. All these years later, we still get together. I LOVE IT. I love that we make time for each other, eat together, celebrate together, cry together and bring our prayers and needs to each other.
We have a Annual Family Picnic every summer and still plan a Christmas Family Dinner every December. I pray this tradition never ends.
I am part of a family of do-ers.  When there is a need, someone always jumps in. Sometimes, many of them. Someone is always helping someone. I love that. And it's a family where, though we are all flawed, we don't hold it against each other. There's mercy and grace. I love that my kiddos get to be part of this gift of family.

I am thankful to be part of a family that makes time for and cares for each other.


No comments: