"…Like a warrior’s fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents…" Psalm 127:3-5 MSG
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Simple Days.
Three boys under three.
I hardly remember life before children. What in the world did we do? I used to work outside the home. I do remember how much I hated dragging out of the bed each morning and commuting all that way to a job that held deadlines and paperwork and phone calls and.....(I was thankful, however, to have a job as long as I did.)
Now, my days consist of getting up with the sun to sit in my jammies and spend time with God, check a few emails, maybe write a blog post and fold some laundry before the little ones rise. Once they do, it's GO TIME.
Breakfast takes about an hour and a half. Then it's school time, lots of prayer time, play time, craft time, story time. Lunch, rest period for big boys and nap time for baby follows that. Then it's play time (maybe movie time?) until dinner time. Then bath time and bed time.
On paper, it sounds lovely, doesn't it? Imagine a few tantrums, dirty diapers, a few messes, not to mention if someone is sick or baby refuses to nap without being rocked. Some days, brothers fight (each other or momma. haha.) Some days I sleep in (oops). Some days, I've been up all night with someone fussing (ouch). Some days, there are errands to run, then it takes all morning to get three little ones packed up and out the door.
BUT, as I have closely examined my life the past few days, I have realized, these really are the simple days. The fun, close-to-my-children days. The days when they still want to cuddle with mommy and want mommy to race with them and build tracks with them. These days where my main responsibility is spending time with them. They don't need the world, they don't need to know about the world. They don't need to go into the world. Not yet.
For this momma and all momma of toddlers and preschoolers, these really are the simple days. Cherish them. Treasure them up. Hold them.
Yes, I am thankful for these simple days. Because later comes all too soon. Then it won't be so simple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment