Breathtaking.
Witnessing the wide-eyed wonder, the barely-can-contain-it excitement, so many OhMyGoodness! moments....it was...magical! awesome! All His grace.
I read the Christmas Story to the boys several times; leading up to and on Christmas Eve, wanting them to hear it, remember it; to "get" it. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting Christmas day, but I "got" it. Just to wake up next to my husband. To look across the room and see baby boy smiling and hear him "gabbing". To hear the twins upstairs laughing and jumping in their beds. To walk in their room and say "Merry Christmas guys!" To see their faces light up when they realized what happened during the night (the presents, the cookies, the stockings). For Grandma Chris, Grammy and Gramps joining us for breakfast, prayer and gifts.
For little boys BESIDETHEMSELVESWITHEXCITEMENT!! For all the comfort and joy of home and family and togetherness and prayer and peace. Visiting family and laughter and eating and coming home again. Allthewhile holding Jesus in my heart. Giving thanks so many moments through the day. All for Him. All because of Him. All from Him.
It was byfar our best Christmas yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment