Saturday, November 17, 2012

Giving Thanks Day 17; Grace Reminders.


“If gratitude is an antidote for anxiety, and giving thanks is a real cure for stress,
we don’t have to relegate thanksgiving to a holiday,
for giving thanks to God revolutionizes all of our days.”

Even when it "feels" like it's not there, I can put thanks in my heart:

For these hard days that remind me to turn to Him;
For little boys who repeat EVERY THING we say and we are reminded, once again, to speak words more carefully;
For these hard days and realizing I have not spent time with Him lately and why I so desperately need to sit down with Jesus;
For the husband who forgives me when I snap at him, because it's been a hard day and little kids have been whiny and...and...;
For my own momma who listens to me whine and vent and still loves me just the same;
For little boys who still dearly cling to me and kiss me and "I love you mommy!" after they have been in time out for the tenth time;
For the husband who had to forgive me, still asks if he can do anything for me;
For this lovely-turned-rough day winding down and all three little boys peaceful in their beds;
For feet propped up, all comfy cozy and mind-settling;
For joy that thanks-giving brings;
For looking forward to rest, and by the grace of God, followed by a new day.



“Worship is the continuous outpouring of all that I am, all that I do and all that I can ever become in light of a chosen or choosing god.” ~Harold Best
 

No comments: