Thursday, November 01, 2012

Giving Thanks Day One; in a hovering storm.

 
There's a storm overhead and it's more from my heart than anything. I'm struggling these days; mommahood bearing down. Little boys gain courage day-by-day....testing more, pushing more, talking so.much.more. and listening so.much.less.
But I'm just as determined as they. I've got one shot at this. The days are flashing by and time is chipping away.
Yes. So even in this rut, this "I feel like such a failure because I can't meet my own expectations" nonsense.
I'm going to give thanks anyway. I'm going to pour my heart out to Him. The One who is greater. The One who Is and Was and Is To Come. He quiets this heart. He gives peace in the storm. Sometimes He even quiets the storm.

So I'm thankful.
For little boys wild and noisy and willing to fly;
For a man who stops what he's doing and calls me up just to say "I love you.";
For the sweetness of a baby's breath on my chest;
For a wee one so brave and trying so hard to be big like his brothers;
For my own momma, her voice alone brings me some peace;
For other mommas who "relate";
For this moment, when little ones are sleeping and stillness abounds and thoughts can be gathered;
For time to pray and write;
For warmth and comfort as the cold winds blow outside.

Yes, even when the storm hovers, there is still much to be thankful for.


No comments: