My mom's side of the family started a tradition many years ago. Initially it was the Sisters/girls getting together once a month. After a couple of meetings, we designated the second Saturday of each month, Sisters' Luncheon. Sometime after our precious Mawmaw passed away, it became the Family Luncheon and the brothers started attending (my mom has 6 brothers and sisters). For as far back as I can remember, we've been meeting monthly for 15 years. Not everyone makes it every month, but we always have a group and good food. It' awesome. Lots of wonderful, "flighty" conversations. Lots of heartfelt sharing. Lots of prayer. So much love poured out in just a few hours. I always hate leaving. I just want to linger and bask in the goodness and love of these beautiful people. I always leave full; stomach, heart and soul. Always feeling covered.
I am so glad to be part of a family that stays in touch. A family that prays together. A family that loves without limits.
I am so thankful for my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment