"Today really is as simple as breathing and believing."
It's November and we played in the park today like it was September. The cool breeze was blowing but the sun offered some comfort as it blasted through the trees.
...Little boys jumping, yelling, sliding, climbing, tromping through the leaves.
We followed a trail through the woods. E says to me, "Are we in the forest mommy?"
"Yea, pretty much buddy. Stop. Listen. What do you hear?"
"The BIG.BAD.MOUSE!" He says laughing and runs ahead to catch up with the other boys.
Everyone stops at a berry bush. Z looks serious and says "These are bird berries. God grows them to feed the birds."
Baby laughs and kicks in his stroller.
The cousins laugh and everyone proceeds to pick berries and scatter them "for the birds".
They finish and run ahead, into the beautiful unknown. I snap pictures, but they never capture exactly what the eyes see. The boys, so free, so impressed with all this nature. Funny, how so many things I have never really seen until I have seen them through the eyes of my children.
"It'll be dark soon and we should head back".
Baby boy falls asleep as we finish the trail. Boys run to play in the sand. Oh! That energy.
Little boys do not want to leave. I can only imagine what they must be thinking and seeing. Of course they don't want to leave.
I love that they love to be outside, to explore, to see, to adventure about so fearlessly. I hope they never lose their sense of adventure and wonder. And I right beside them to enjoy it too.
I am so thankful for our walks in the woods.
No comments:
Post a Comment