Sunday, November 18, 2012

Giving Thanks Day Eighteen; Church.

“Holy joy lies in the habit of murmuring thanks to God
for the smallest of graces."

I love our church. And though I have yet to personally meet everyone who attends regularly, I love our church family. The boys and I missed the past two weeks due to illness. So today, we were all healthy and I was slightly envious when my husband and the twins got to attend our church. Baby boy and I visited another church to hear my dad speak. It was nice and of course, I wanted to be there for my dad, but, it reminded me how loving and warm our own church is and I just really missed being there today.

I'll never forget the first Sunday we walked in to our now-home-church. The twins were just eight months old then. Several couples approached us and gave us hugs. Big, "welcome home" hugs. It was warm and friendly and.....just felt like home. Since then, we've made so many dear friends and our boys have even made a few friends. We have a place where we not only worship the Lord freely, but see him on a regular basis, through the wonderful folks in our church family.

I am so thankful for our church and church family.

 

No comments: